- Job ID:
- Job Category: Software Engineer
- State: New Jersey
- Posted on: 09/28/2019
The QA Analyst will have responsibility for designing, developing, and executing quality assurance testing against the Shopping Cart application. Candidate will provide detailed test case development, software testing, verification, and certification of deliverables across the systems development and implementation lifecycle. This person will contribute to the Quality Assurance activities of assigned projects and ensure that the software meets required standards prior to production release
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review project documentation as a basis for testing documentation and product understanding
- Design and development of test strategies
- Design and development of detailed test cases
- Design and development of manual test scripts
- Test data development
- Execution of browser / OS compatibility testing
- Execution of component testing
- Execution of integration testing
- Facilitates user acceptance testing
- Facilitates usability testing
- Test case automation
- Defect identification
- Tracking and communication of testing efforts -- Defines and tracks quality assurance metrics such as defects, defect counts, test results and test status.
- Conduct test passes on new software as well as regression passes on existing systems
- Models, designs, codes, and executes custom test software against defined test cases
- Works closely with software engineers in the development, execution, and results of tests
- Proactively determines technical issues and solutions
- Management of issues encountered in testing
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in system testing and quality assurance positions in the area of Software Engineering/Application Development and/or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Should have experience testing web services , GUI, and database applications
- Experience with all aspects of SDLC management, with expertise in the testing and release management stages.
- Experience working with web application servers
- Good understanding of CMM processes and procedures
- Proven track record in developing high quality test cases and scripts.
- Knowledge of object oriented analysis and design.
- Experience with high volume, high-availability applications.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to quickly learn new applications
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment, and interact daily with all levels of staff, including system developers and business analysts.
- Experience in a subscription based industry preferred- cable/broadband, cellular/PCS, digital satellite provider, ISP, local exchange carrier, or magazine publishing.
- Prior software development experience is a plus.
- Testing Software: ALM, JIRA
- DBMS: Knowledge of SQL Server and Oracle
- Software Development: Knowledge of C, C#, XML, JAVA, WebLogic, HTML
- Automation: Selenium
- Incident Tracking Tools: Service Now
- Preferred Skills: Oracle/Portal Infranet knowledge (or other subscription based billing systems), Streaming Technology, Web Technologies, Oracle Financials, Data Warehousing